Sunday, September 13, 2009
The Grow command selects contiguous or adjoining areas of colour based on the Tolerance setting in the Magic Wand Options Bar.
1. Make a selection, Check that the Tolerance setting in the Magic Wand Options Bar is appropriate.
2. Choose Select > Grow, Pixels which fall within the Tolerance setting and are adjacent to pixels already in the selection are added to the selection.
The Similar command selects non-adjacent pixels that fall within the same Tolerance setting as set in the Magic Wand Options Bar.
1. Make a selection using any of the selection tools. Check that the Tolerane setting in the Magic Wand Options Bar is appropriate.
2. Choose Select > Similar. Pixels throughout the image that full within the Tolerance setting are selected.
Hot Tips ----
1. If necessary, change the Tolerance setting for the Magic Wand tool before using the Grow command to achieve a more or less inclusive result.
2. Using the Magic Wand tool, with the Contiguous option (in the Options Bar) deselected, is the equivalent of using the similar command.